As we emerge from lockdown, I am delighted to say that it is once again possible to offer acupuncture treatments in a COVID-19 safe environment.
The surgery has been adapted to comply with the latest Government and World Health Organisation Guidelines on the control and prevention of infection and whilst this means there will be some small changes to the process, patients can be assured that treatment can be offered safely.
Please note that for everyone’s safety there are a few instructions before coming to your acupuncture appointment
- Please wear a face covering – without one you will not be allowed to enter the surgery
- Please announce your arrival with reception so you can get booked in but wait in the car park until called – the waiting room is not in use at present
- There is hand sanitiser in reception and in each room for use by patients/staff
- Regrettably, toilets are currently not available for patient use
I hope you have all kept fit and healthy during lockdown and I am delighted to announce that it is now possible to resume treatments.
In order to comply with the government guidelines as well as those of the practice, all consultations will be conducted in PPE with every attention being paid to safety and hygiene within the consultation room.
The last few months have been a particularly difficult and stressful time for us all. Acupuncture is often a good way to rebalance and get back to normal for both mental and physical issues.
I am very much looking forward to seeing everyone again, both regular and new patients.
Important information for patients
• This practice handles medical records in-line with laws on data protection and confidentiality.
• We share information only when the law requires us to do so, for example, to prevent infectious diseases from spreading or to check the care being provided to you is safe.
• You have the right to be given a copy of your medical record.
• You have the right to object to your medical records being shared with those who provide you with care.
• You have the right to object to your information being used for medical research and to plan health services.
• You have the right to have any mistakes corrected and to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Please see the practice privacy notice on the website or speak to a member of staff for more information about your rights.
• For more information ask at reception for a leaflet OR visit our website
Insomnia is a very common sleep complaint .Approximately 10-20% of the general population suffer from some form of insomnia,which is often accompanied by distress and daytime impairment.The treatment of insomnia using drugs is a potential concern as abuse,dependence and adverse side effects are common.
Acupuncture alone or combined with ear acupuncture are amongst the safest and most popular of the complementary therapies used in the treatment of insomnia.
A recent clinical trial published by a group at the department of psychiatry in Hong Kong showed that acupuncture was safe, acceptable to patients and associated with improvements in insomnia,anxiety and depressive symptoms and daytime sleepiness for up to 13 weeks after treatment.
Many people will be anticipating the discomfort and nuisance caused by Hayfever.
Allergic response of the body to pollens can be very miserable and debilitating but did you know that it may be possible to relieve, reduce or even eradicate the symptoms entirely through Acupuncture?
A short course of treatment may be well worth trying. Please contact me if you wish to discuss this further.
Fibromyalgia is a very unpleasant long term and and disabling condition which causes patients to suffer a multitude of symptoms including widespread pain, extreme tiredness, difficulty in sleeping, headaches and problems with memory and concentration.
A recent trial,published in the British Medical Journal, to evaluate the effectiveness of acupuncture in patients with Fibromyalgia concluded that it was a useful treatment to reduce pain when compared with placebo treatments. This effect persisted for one year during the trial. Side effects were mild and infrequent.
For further details please click here.
Please contact me if you wish to discuss this further.
As the weather improves, many of us are taking to the bicycle or starting to run, perhaps for general fitness or with specific competitive goals in mind. After the winter break it is all too easy to acquire injuries as the muscles are persuaded back into action.
Acupuncture can help to relieve pain and swelling and promote healing in situations such as these helping you to get back on track with the training programme.
To find out more about treating Sports Injuries Click here.
It is now possible to pay for your treatments and consultations using any of the major credit or debit cards. This service is provided using the secure iZettle system.
Did you know that Acupuncture can help to keep you in peak performance?
Whatever your active sport: whether you are training to compete or just trying to stay in condition generally, Acupuncture can be an invaluable aid to remaining in shape. Rehabilitation from those irritating and painful sporting injuries can be made so much easier getting you back in the saddle quicker.
Call the Wilton Surgery for a discussion if you feel this may be helpful and find out how Acupuncture can keep you ahead of the game.
For more information on the treatment of Sports Injuries Click here
To find out about taking The Next Step Click here
From March this year it is now possible to pay for your treatments by Credit or Debit card using Worldpay.
The Next Step